E2180

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i'm worried about it not being any faster than my D. i was looking at the tom's hardware CPU charts and they seem to be about equal in almost every thing. but the e2180 wasn't overclocked

^ that's another thing i'm worried about. this mobo probably doesn't overclock well. i can barley get my D at 3.54 ghz. and that's not stable.

Because of the low stock fsb and 10x multi they are pretty easy to oc. If you are worried about the fsb you motherboard will run you could get a E2200 which has a 11x multi.

3.0ghz was cake walk.. but everything after that for some reason was a bit more challenging

I agree. it seems like they hit a wall somewhere above 3ghz. Mine doesn't seem like it will go much farther than 3.33ghz no matter how much voltage I use.

and right now my ram is crappy. i have 3 sticks of crappy knigston value ram. and the only decent stick i have is a patriot 1gb chip. that does 800mhz. i have not tried overclocking with just the patriot in there

Because of the low stock fsb and 10x multi they are pretty easy to oc. If you are worried about the fsb you motherboard will run you could get a E2200 which has a 11x multi.

I agree. it seems like they hit a wall somewhere above 3ghz. Mine doesn't seem like it will go much farther than 3.33ghz no matter how much voltage I use.

I can do 3.1ghz on stock or near stock voltage. But 3.2ghz requires a big jump in voltage and so does 3.3ghz. I could run 3.3ghz 24/7 but decided to keep heat way down by running 3.1ghz....I should probably change my sig to reflect that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom