LCD or CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
note the only persons post here u should ignore is ' bew556' ,his info is totally rong.

and typically eye strain comes from CRT, cause of its rate/intensity(this is were games benifit from it) but for other things like reading/typing on screen, i can see were it would become the oposite for some ppl(like myself who is short sighted) the native res on CRT helps me see stuff clearer.... but for my mom whos Far sighted, she has told me its alot easyer for her to read stuff on LCD.

so for doing stuff besides gaming/media on a monitor your preff for not straining you eyes, will prolly depend soly on your indevidual eyes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
instead of telling u how each works and benifits blabla ...

what im gana do in the future- get a cheep 19"crt(i already have) and a cheep LCD(i dont yet have)

that way, i can use the LCD for everything(lcd's are a lot less power hungry, so u save electricity) and ill use the CRT just for games/media.

that way i also dont need an expensive lcd, cause the Latency [ms rating] for lcd is only noticable with games/multimedia stuff.

hey i got it!!!! bye an LCD ANNNND A CRT!!!! problem fixed! hehehe...thought i might ease the tension...:eek:

compy said:
hey i got it!!!! bye an LCD ANNNND A CRT!!!! problem fixed! hehehe...thought i might ease the tension...:eek:

I had a dual-monitor configuration with an LCD and a CRT for a while, before I switched to two CRTs. Bottom line, unless you are going to go spend $800 for a top-of-the-line LCD, don't get one. Cheap LCDs suck, there is no arguing that. They look stylish, but thats about it.

beedubaya said:
I had a dual-monitor configuration with an LCD and a CRT for a while, before I switched to two CRTs. Bottom line, unless you are going to go spend $800 for a top-of-the-line LCD, don't get one. Cheap LCDs suck, there is no arguing that. They look stylish, but thats about it.

agreed . . . like . . . i'm planning on getting either a 16ms 20.1" viewsonic or a 12ms 19" samsung . . .

leaning towards the samsung . . .

both are $750+ . . .

thats why im still planning my comp, not building it :p . . . need $

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom