ok so last nite me and my dad put togther his new machine
we have a p5w dh deluxe mobo
core 2 duo procesor not sure which number
an oldish nvidia graohics card
sata hard drive
and a dvd drive and floppy drive hooked up
we have a 650w psu
and a 2g stick at 667 ram

this is whats happening when we turn it on everything starts up fans gpu fan cpu fan lights everything but nothing displays on monitor
so i researched the topic and found that i should flash the bios so i was like how is that good for me if i can get past post
so then i see something about resetting cmos so i do that and wow it boots past post but then it says it has a prob with cpu ucode error
so i go into the bios setup and run the flash application in there and the **** thing doesnt read the floppy disk i tried this with 2 different floppy drives
so then i read something about doing an ez-flash type thin during post so i got into that once or twice and when it tried to read the A:\ drive it noticed the file and said reading file but then it doesnt do anything and moves onto the next device to check please HELP!!!!!!

ps maybe i am not trying to flash it correctly can anyone tell me how to flash the bios correctly

anyone??

not sure,sucks no1 is replying tho.lol
im not sure about flashing the bios either
did u try it on a diff monitor?

yep 2 different monitors and the only time i can get into the bios is right after i reset the cmos and when i exit the bios it just sits there with all fans and lights and stuff running but nothing on screen so i turn it off and turn it back on and i dont even get the error saying cpu ucode error it just sits and black screen wit monitor on standby AARRRGGGHHH been trying to fix this thing for prob about 7 hours altogther since last nite and i cant get anywhere if only i could flash the bios but no i cant do that for some reason imma bout to go office space on this mother board

Keep everything in one post and don't start bumping after an hour. We will get to your question.

If it reads the drive but doesn't do anything that means you aren't copying the files to the disk properly. Where are you getting the flash files from?

i am downloading the files from asus website and putting them onto a floppy (unzipped of course) i have tried 2 different floppy drives and still wont read the file also there is no OS installed on the harddrive and i tried using a different hardrive with an os to see if it would boot that but no go i am really stumped here on what the problem is and i am sry i bumped its just i have sppent the good part of last nite from 1:30 to 5:30 and then today from like 4:00 to 6:00 and then like 8:00 to present trying to get this thing to work i have also tried unplugging the hardrive and floppy in hopes that it would boot from the disc that came with the mobo but no i also had a ms-dos boot disk in the floppy drive but it didnt boot from that either when it was hooked up i would really like to figure this out bc my dad is about to give up and buy a new mobo which means he would waste the 100 he spent on this one and that would **** off my mom so i rly wanna get this fixed

It could just be that rom file you're downloading. Try Version 2704 instead and see if you have the same problem.

AMEN i got it i decided to grab my dads flash drive when he got home and put the rom on there and reset the cmos and booted up got into bios and went to the ex flash 2 utility and wow the flash drive showed up with all the files so i updated the bios no problem and now i rebooted and am running vista 64bit disc woot ty guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom