video card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

yimmortal

Beta member
ok, right not i have a nvidia geforce 7300LE card in my computer.. it's running vista ultimate and 4gb ram.
i'm doing alot of photography editing. if i get a better video card, will this speed up the photo work? will pictures open faster?

what will it specifically do? i'm not a gamer, but i do watch alot of video and work with alot of photos

now, which card can you recommend for me under $300 or so?? or, what should i look for in a card?

thanks

If you plan to go with another NVidia card look over the chart seen for the various newer models to get an idea. NVIDIA GeForce Family

The latest high end cards gamers generally go after will run right upto $300- easy enough for both NVidia 9800s and ATI driven 4870s. Mid range models that would still be quite adequate are running for less then $200.

For considering a look at ATI cards start off with the 2600s being mid range upto the latest 4850s for Vista. Desktop

Different brands will also play a role for selecting a good card like MSI, BFG, eVGA, Sapphire tending to be the best performers often enough. ATI is best known for image quality while most trend to NVidia for gaming performance. That is another thing to add here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom