How to improve Video performance/ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshyboy

Solid State Member
I was told that i could improve my video ram/performance to maybe lessen lag on PC games on my laptop. How is that done? Thanks in advance for the help.

Install more ram.... Lookup your laptop, see what type of ram it uses, then purchase that same type and install it (assuming you aren't at the max already).

Depending on your laptop, some non-gaming laptops will share video memory, so installing more ram would help in this situation, but not as much as you'd think. THe video drivers will only allow a certain amount of ram to be allocated to video, say 32/64/128 mb. If you have a gaming laptop that has dedicated memory, then installing more ram probably won't help video performance - may help overall performance but not your video.

Simple.

thanks for the advice. might be 'simple' for you not for me. its hard to understand some of this stuff. thats why i came here. so sorry for the bother.

Update your video drivers, most common cards are Intel (for cheaper non-gaming laptops), ATi, and nVidia (ATi and nVidia are both found in higher end laptops and gaming laptops).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom