just bought toshiba a300 ram limitation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devcrow

Baseband Member
hey.

Just bought a a300 which comes with 2gb ram and i saw written on the cd that came with it that it was 'vista home premium 64-bit', so i went along to buy another 2gb of ram (hasnt arrived yet).

I went onto computer properties and it said 'vista home premium 32-bit' is this gonna limit my ram to 3gb?

if i will be limited, Can i upgrade to 64-bit from the cd that came with it?

also, I just downloaded cpuz and it said my max ram frequency is 333mhz, but the stick of ram in the laptop says 667mhz, whats up with that?

Thanx

Okay, first, yes, 32-bit operating systems whether Vista or XP won't read more than 3 gigs of RAM.

Second, go to Memory upgrades, flash media, and usb storage at Crucial.com and allow them to scan your system for free. You'll have to download an Active X but this is harmless. I have used this tool many times to get an accurate read and it is highly relliable. You will not get malware/adware and you are not forced to buy their RAM.

Once scanned it will tell you:

1. The amount of RAM your motherboard will allow.

2. The memory options you have for your ssytem.

Let us know how it goes.

Hey.
Thanx for that althought the scanner didnt work,

I installed the ram and i'm only getting 3gb. thats alrite cause now i know that the memory sticks were similar. but ill still need to update to 64-bit to get the full 5gb

funny how the laptop came installed with 32-bit but the cd that came with it is 64 bit :p

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom