My Game/Lightwave Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

boss958

Beta member
Hello Tech Forums, Story goes im 17 years old in highschool and by the fall of next year I will be in animation school. Because of this I wanted a full overhaul on my computer, My computer this december will be 2 years old specs are

AMD DuelCore 4200+
Radeon 1950xtx 256mb
2gigs of memory
200gig hardrive

Now Because of Current games and the need to run Lightwave, 3D studio, and Miya with very little frustration I have made a computer, Now this computer has gone though 20+ changes with other forums help, friends, and family this is the final product. Also please note that I have struck a deal with the parents that i will pay for half, So this is a Budget Machine and not the greatest thing that ever booted up the earth. Now For these forums I have 2 questions, Is this machine going to work perfect, will everything like each other and play nicely. My main issue is the motherboard to be honest I did some pretty lengthy looking for the one I found and I think everything will work together. Any who everything is being bought through newegg and heres a link to each item.

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops proccessor

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory memory

Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards Mobo

Newegg.com - PNY VCGGTX260XPB GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards Graphics

Newegg.com - Rosewill RP550V2-D-SL 550W ATX12V v2.01 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply - Power Supplies Powersupply

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel , SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases Case

Newegg.com - LG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner w/ SecurDisc Tech - CD / DVD Burners DVD Drive

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit English for System Builders 1pk DSP OEI DVD - Operating Systems Vista

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3750640AS 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA-300 Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives Hardrive

Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks cpu cooler

Please if you know of something that would be better for me that is not much more in price, please feel free to link it and help me out. One other question wich Im sure you all get alought is how does the *builders version* of Vista work??? how is it diffrent and why is it so much cheaper.

Anyway thanks for all the help and I hope you like this budge comp

*if any one cares $1,043.22 is the total with 3 day shipping*
**521.66 on my part*

I second the 4850, or even a 4870.

I would keep the Seagate, but I would make it at least two drives, if not three... one for OS, one for programs, one for data (OS can be small [80 gigs+], programs mid sized [250-360], data can be as large as you want to go).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom