Wireless system...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lone Wolf said:
Dayem..... for a kid you know how to find some good deals!

Those are fairly good prices considering their both for the new (g) version.

Ice9, the wireless NIC w/ the link you posted IS the networking card. I told you earlier it's the same thing as the traditional NIC - with the only difference being it's wireless - that's the nice part about it... don't have to mess w/ the cabling (between the router and the computer). Especially if you're using laptop; you're free to roam anywhere in the house as long as you have a reception.

Now i've never used D-Link but i've heard mixed reviews of their networking product. However, w/ the rebates on those products - it would certainly be worth a try.

ha it probably is because im a kid that I find good deals cause i need ot save the money lol. Plus I guess i have just always been sorta good at it and always find ways to have money haha (without stealing or robbing banks;) ) ...anyways..

should I go for the NIC or the adapter... i cant seem to see any advantage of one over the other besides the NIC being cheaper.

-b) is slow 11mb/s, but long range(i forget the specs)

-a) is fast 54mb/s or something like that, but shorter range(i forget the spec)

-g) is combining both, fast and long range.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so if its just for your home, u may not utilize the range capability of (g).

(a) runs at the same speed as g, and has enough range to cover an entire house.

so if u dont care about the long range and only use it in your house, u may beable to save money by getting an (a)router.
----------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: sorry i confused myself... made corrections above^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom