Autochk not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

katie1212

Solid State Member
Hi -

I have been looking for an answer to this problem since last night. I installed the SP3 update on my husbands computer and had a crash during installation. Since then, I have been getting the Autochk not found error, and the computer reboots. Haven't seen any other errors. Have tried last known good configuration, booting from a disk and running PTEDIT (but I am not sure that I edited the information correctly) and chkdsk (runs fine but

Any ideas here? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I have been googling and have literally tried every solution I have found but still no luck.

Tried all the ones in that link already. Yes, google is my friend.

From my research of this error it seems that the parition has been marked hidden during the install and that is why you get this error.

You will need to get Partition Magic or ERD Commander and boot from that. From there make the partition unhidden.

You could also do this from GParted. That should resolve this issue and allow you to use Windows again.

My results did not come from Google but from Microsoft:

Search Microsoft.com

Advanced Search

Somtimes it is best to search right from the source than to use Google. Google is great but Microsoft does have agreat documentation of things as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom