Weird booting behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudioRox

Beta member
Almost everytime I try to boot up my computer, it will fail. Most of the time I'll hit the power button and it wont post and the led light on the monitor remains orange. Sometimes it will post and say "Overclocking failed! Hit F1 for setup" and i'll just make no changes in bios and attempt to boot from there, sometimes it will freeze after that and the led light on the monitor will go orange. Sometimes it boots successfully to desktop but then freezes at desktop. It wont ever freeze after the computer has been running for a while... So I just let my system run forever and reboot when necessary... but when I do turn it off for a while and want to turn it back on... I sit here for sometimes 10-15 minutes trying to get it to boot sometimes.

Here are some other things that happen too. Its not the same thing everytime:

What does it mean when your led light on your monitor goes from green to yellow, back and forth?

Also sometimes my monitor says "Monitor is working, Out of scan range."... but only sometimes when bootup fails.

My specs:
Motherboard Manufacturer and Model: ASUS P4P800
BIOS Revision Number (if known): UNKNOWN
CPU/Speed: P4 2.8 800FSB
RAM Manufacturer/Type/Module Size: CORSAIR 1GIG PC3200
CDRW/CDROM/DVD Manufacturer and Spec: LITEON COMBO DRIVE
Disk Drive(s): Manufacturer and Spec: WD 80 GIG
Video Card: Manufacturer and Type: RADEON 9800 PRO AIW
Sound Card: Manufacturer and Model: AUDIGY 2
NIC Manufacturer/Model: ONBOARD
Power Supply Brand and Wattage: THERMALTAKE 420WATT
Operating System: XP PRO

Thanks guys, its really appreciated.

The only thing I can think of is that your video card is failing, or your CPU does not have sufficient cooling.

Well... I just played Doom 3 pretty nicely... no failing... I also have thermaltake case with 7 fans and I clean out dust pretty often. My temp averages about 38 C doing just normal things like surfing the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom