Mac with Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawaiian style

In Runtime
So my friend has got a mac notebook. It comes with the software that allows you to run the mac OS and windows XP. The internet on the max OS side works, but when we try with the Windows XP side it doesn't work.

I know when you build a new comp you need to get the driver for the either net controller according to the Mobo...but I don't know what or how to tell what kind of mother board the mac has.

doesn't CPU-Z tell you what mobo you have? also, are your network connections set up properly in windows? *I have no idea how mac components operate with windows*

SirCyber is right. Use CPUz to get the make and model of the mother board. If you want you can use SiSoftware Sandra or Belarc Advisor as well as it will giv eyou teh exact NIC card. From there jsut google for XP Drivers.

Hello,

. . . First things first, have you checked to see if a driver has already been installed for the ethernet device, and have you checked to see if the ethernet device is reported as functioning correctly in Windows XP's Device Manager?

When installing Windows XP using Boot Camp, you would have been prompted to 'Burn a Macintosh Drivers CD' to which you're then instructed to install the drivers using the disc when you first boot into Windows. Has this been done? If done correctly, then all the device drivers would have been installed and you shouldn't need to manually obtain device drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom