Q6600 Temps/Solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousepad

In Runtime
Ok, I just helped my friend install a Q6600 on an ABIT IP35-E. We initially were going to use the Freezer 7 Pro on it, but the Northbridge gets in the way. So right now we are using the stock heatsink. I went into the Health PC to check the temps, and it turns out it's hovering in the 60's C. This kind of scared me, but he already plans to get a different aftermarket heatsink. Any suggestions?

Also, is the stock heatsink this bad? Is there any temporary solution we can use to cool it off or are we just going to have to wait for an aftermarket?

As we were installing windows, the mobo alarm went off. Meaning that it reached the CPU warning temp, which is set to 80C. Is it possible the heatsink isn't properly seated? It won't budge and I'm pretty sure we did the mount right... It's idling around 60's and sometimes 70s.

Ok, I think I figured something out. I've been monitoring his cpu/cores with speed fan and it shows his CPU idling at 51C with his cores around 33c. This sounds right. I guess it's the load from the BIOS that caused the high temps?

Don't trust Speedfan..use CoreTemp instead. Either that, or look in the BIOS; both of those are the best sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom