XP Issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiller.

In Runtime
Hello, my father is having trouble with his PC. It's running on XP and it's not starting up. I think some files are missing. Just before it reaches the User Name selection screen, the screen goes blank. I attempted to fix it by booting it up with the XP disk.

I opted to install XP rather than Repair it, and during the install, it would ask me to insert a disk for the different files that were missing, and I'd hit cancel because I obviously don't have a disk for these files. And now because of this, the PC is stuck on the install.

Everytime I restart it, it restarts the XP setup, which I cannot get out of now. I'm stuck on it...if I try to finish the setup, it will ask me to insert a disk for missing files, and if I try to cancel it, next time I boot up, it just resumes the setup :confused:

Help would be greatly appreciated.

You are going to have to format and re-install. The previous install that you didn't format off of there is corrupting the new install and not allowing it to finish. It is also the reason why the installer keeps asking for these files. That is when you know a install will be corrupt. If you have the disc inserted and it asks for files that you know are there.

is it asking you again because you are leaving the install/setup in the cd drive? (assuming of course)

why would you "obviously don't have a disk for these files"?

this a legit xp disc? If you have incorrectly set up hardware, often the CD drive is unable to navigate and locate the referenced files on the xp disc

if you are leaving the disc in...take it out

I can't avoid it......every time I reset the computer, it says, setup is restarting......(for XP) even without the disc in.

What I don't understand is how I can get this onto the computer :confused:

The computer doesn't boot up at all...

It's not this computer I'm using to view the forums that's having the problems.

Oh, I have to burn it to a Disk?

How do I get to the ISO file?

And I downloaded BURNCDCC.

Assume I am a complete noob, because I've never done this sort of thing. Thanks.

YOu have to download the ISO file from the UBCD site that splatoid gave to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom