Help! "third master harddisk error"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenTeaBagger

In Runtime
Hey guys. I left my computer on last night and I wake up the next morning to see that I've somehow rebooted and gotten the message "third master harddisk error f1 to continue" when i reboot and BIOS starts it shows my DVD drives As Primary Master and Secondary Master and Maxtor Sabre2 as my Third master harddisk....Problem is that im using a Maxtor S-ATA harddrive and I've never even heard of a sabre2! I check it in BIOS and it says that the capacity of my harddrive is 0mb.....weird. It just reverts back and asks me to put a proper boot device in there. I deselect my DVD Drives as possible boot devices but the same failure happens.

There's something incredibly wrong with this. If my HDD is dead I can always buy another one and reinstall. If it is truly dead is there any way for me to get my data back? I had broken m old ATA maxtor and I was able to recover my old files.

Thanks for the help guys much appreciated!

Odd. SATA should automatically configure Masters/Slaves. Try replugging everything and switching cables, if you have spares.

By the way, are you running SATA natively or through an adapter? Try manually setting up drives in the BIOS, disabling all but two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom