XP Home OEM istallation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinaibur

Baseband Member
hey guys. I'm in the process of installing the XP Home OEM on my first build. Everything was going smooth. The setup formatted my hdd and copy files to the installation folder. This is where I got stuck. After it finishes copying the files, it says it needs to reboot and that setup will continue with the next step when it reboots. But when it boots up, it copies the files over again and reboots. I don't understand why it won't go on to the next step. It just continually does the same step.

No the CD needs to be left in for the next step. It should look like this:

windowsxp3cz.jpg

This is the 2nd stage of the XP Setup. It is after it copies the files but before it can boot on its own. I must setup the network, profiles and such.

If it reboots before this stage then there is something wrong. Maybe it isnt copying the files over or the BIOS needs to be setup to allow for the HDD to boot before the CD DROM. Also could just be you need to make sure you ahve the Hard Drive in the boot process.

when it reboots, does it say "press key to setup from cd" or something to that effect? If so, don't and let it restart by itself, :D

then it will reboot into part 2 as mak illustrates

it gets to the part where it says "press any key to reboot" and I let it reboot on its own, but when it boots, its starts back at part 1 again.

Read my post again. I gave some options in there for this already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom