need advice before i order

Status
Not open for further replies.

wescaster

Beta member
i am going to order some parts in a few days and would like some advice if possible. i would like to keep it under $700,and it will be used as a gaming computer. also i currently have an antec p180b, mouse, keyboard, and monitor.

i cant decide on a cpu. im looking at the e2200, e4550,or 6700. i have never overclocked but i heard the e2200 is great if i do, and i can save a good amount of money. should i overclock or spend a little extra and not worry about it.

now my next question is about the video card. i pretty set on the 8800gt but not sure if i should save and get a 3850 instead. i really like to play mmo's and may not need the 8800gt. any advice appreciated.

other than that im set on 2gigs of gskill, a seagate 250gb HD, the DS3 motherboard, and i had a powersupply in mind that was around $50 i think it was a rosewell.

im thinking about just using my existing windows XP to save some money also. if anyone can guide me in a better direction of parts or just any advice i would be greatful. sorry i couldnt link any of the parts im at work right now and had to make it quick. thanks.

I so STRONGLY suggest you get a 8800gt.. its almost a must!

As far as the cpu goes.. idk its a personal decision. If you wanna save money and spend alot of extra time trying to get it overclocked, go for it. But if you wanna spend more money to get it factory overclocked.. sure.

I am personally getting the e8400 with the new 45nm process, which means it will overclock like crazy. Currently the only thing stopping it is the motherboard. Because right now, even the x38 motherboards don't push these cards to their limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom