PC not enough electricity or power??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeyO

Beta member
My PC has behaved strangely since Dec. 2007. It refused to start Windows on the 1st try. At first, if I turned off the PC and let the main power switch turned on and waited for a while (5-10 mins), it seems that the PC was charged fully and would behaved normally for the whole time U used the PC. The whole scearnio would begin again after I turned off the PC at night and turned it on the next morning!:(

But these few days, the situation has worsen. Even if I left the main power switch turned on for a few mins, I couldn't get my PC to load Windows on the 1st attempt! I had to reset my PC 2 to 3 times to load Windows. Then after Windows XP has loaded, it seems my PC responded slowly to applications (Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, etc) in the beginning. If I waited long enough, the applications might pop up and run smoothly?! If the application didn't pop up, then I had to kill it and restart again. Sometimes by killing and restarting appliciations, the PC just hanged. Pls help. Thanks!

*** I bought this PC in Aug, 2006. The PC retailer had exchanged 1 pc of 512 ram within the 1st few days when I bought this PC. Because of motherboard failure, it has also been changed to the same model (more advance edition) in Sept. 2007.

My PC spec.:
AMD athlon 64 x 2 ADA3800 AM2
Biostar Tforce 550 mainboard AM2
Mushkin ram 1G (512 x 2) PC667 DDR2
XFX PCX 7300GS 512MB DDR2 Display card
Cooler Master 450W PSU
Creative Audigy 2 ZS soundcard
3 casing fans
floppy drive
BenQ DVDwriter
LG DVDwriter
Seagate sata harddisk 200GB (Windows XP) in a removable harddisk rack with a fan underneath
Maxtor IDE harddisk 160GB

sounds like a problem i had w/ my packard bell i had back in like 96.. lol took the motherboard out first... then suddenly it needed a new psu as well

could be power supply failure... could be ram

try taking out a stick of ram, then booting up again, and if that don't work, switch sticks.. and if it still fails... could be a psu problem

I took out a piece of 512 ram and suddenly the PC seems to be back to normal again!
But I haven't turned off the PC for the whole night and wait until the next morning (if not, at least a few hours) to test if my PC is really normal without that piece of ram!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom