AMD or Pentium 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRS

Beta member
Hey,
I have a little problem here. I know that AMD processors are better for gaming and Pentiums for design and office work. But for my custom comp i will be doing a lot of gaming and using design programs a lot.
So i am not sure which CPU to get.

Any help in this would be greatly appriciated.

and i doubt that many intel processors would be better for design, its not as if they are slow.

i say go for the P4 no matter wat, it's more durrable, and it can do most of the shit you want it to. but at least get a good P4, w/ nice cache.

Athlon 64 is the way to go. I build computer for a living (www.gamingcomputerpc.com - shameless plug) and I get this kind of request from customers all the time. The AMD 64 is far and away better than any Pent4. I've seen countless independent reviews on this. Even with a 32 bit operating system the Athlon 64 is a bit better than the comparable Pent4. When MS has the new 64 bit OS in a few months, there will be no comparison.

Until Intel gets their rear in gear, I would only recommend a Pentium for those with only highly demanding spreadsheet work to do. Intel will continue to dominate in the corporate world. But for graphics (and I mean design as well) the Athlon 64 just rules.

And that is more than 2 cents worth!

Go for AMD 64, if you look at bench marks the 64 is comparible with P4 in areas dealing with video editing and such but in the gaming area the 64 bit decimates the P4 and its not even close in many cases!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom