Windows Media Player Problems In Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
sometimes when I close WMP, it will actually still be running in the backround
How do I know?
when I tried to restart it, nothing happens!
so I have to go into task manager first, END PROCESS on WMP first
and then start it again

anyone experiencing this problem?

I got all the windows updates installed btw.

Instead of the X button on the corner of the player's windows try the file menu's exit option to close WMP 11 down to see if that works better. The real annoyance here for 11 in Vista is no visualizations included and none available at the download page seen at MS for Vista! The ones there are strictly for XP and older versions that will run WMP 7.

Instead of the X button on the corner of the player's windows try the file menu's exit option to close WMP 11 down to see if that works better. The real annoyance here for 11 in Vista is no visualizations included and none available at the download page seen at MS for Vista! The ones there are strictly for XP and older versions that will run WMP 7.

heh, almost as much work as task manager way :p

I downloaded the Psychedelia Viz pack and got nowhere with installation error messages appearing. That's one reason I'm waiting to get the latest version of Cyberlink's PowerDVD that also has it's own screensaver to display when playing audio files on the drive or simppy tossing in an audio cd.

I tired both the beta and full versions of WMP 11 on XP and tossed them both real fast! WMP 10 is the actual best seen in Windows to this date from 9X to Vista. Yet while MS promotes the new version they have done crap for their own player there.

not sure why you have problems with the viz pack...but I enjoy it's visuals on wmp 11 and Vista ;)

this has been an advertisement on MS's behalf, by anon Atomic Tofu :D

if you can, it's got a good bundle of different effects too

Any extra visualzations for VLC? WMP never saw any visualizations run when installed on the last build either. So I it's not a simple glitch needing a reinstall but something lacking for it here. The Goom visualization looked the best in VLC there.

To make a playlist you select an eintire directory rather then drag a file onto the right column as seen in WMP however. If you want a mixed combination that means creating various folders to mix tracks by different artists or video files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom