Need PC Security....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
ok, so I bought a new laptop and it came with Mcafee so I left it on, but now the "trial" subscription has run out and I need something to protect my laptop. Do you guys of some good security software. Thanks

AVG has a free anti virus. So does Avast I think. Comodo has a good free firewall. Removing McAfee can be a pain however so be certain you remove it completely. Do the uninstall, then reboot and search for any files/folders that McAfee had and delete them. Also back up your registry and delete the entries from there as well. McAfee doesn't like other AV programs and often prevents them from installing and/or working correctly.

Uninstall McAfee, get CCleaner and remove registry remnants with that. Nod32 is a good anti-virus (very low-profile and good, but isn't free). If you want free, go with AVG or Avast. Comodo free firewall is pretty good...its what I have. I'd also reccomend Spyware Blaster, Ad-Aware 2007, and Spybot Search & Destroy. I do nightly scans with Spybot and Nod32...Comodo is always on... scans once in a while with Ad-Aware...and Spyware Blaster is a continuous protection as well, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom