Motherboard beep when gaming on certain games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexanderPartridge

Beta member
Right well Recently I have been playing games online and my pc had a very good spec (about a year ago). When I am playing these games (it has happened on two one being oblivion and the other a far more modest game called elastomania that would run on an acorn) ... after a short while a noise which i can only assume is the fans starts getting louder/frantic and before i know it there is an incessant beeping noise coming from what sounds like my hard drive. People seem split on decision that hard drives can/cannot beep. Like I said before it has nothing to do with my spec...apparently the sound thing on an asus is behind the hard drive cage which would explain that.

I took of the side and had a listen and it really sounded like my hard drive (Seagate ST3160812A 160GB 7200RPM ATA/133 8MB Cache - OEM). I then got some cotton buds and with the power off dusted down my fans very particularly just incase it was something being overheated. This failed also. I noticed that when you set the numberlock arrows to work as a mouse when you turn it off and on the noise comes from the smae place respectively which leads me to wonder if it is my motherboard (Asus A8N-SLI SE Socket 939 Nvidia NF4 SLI ATX - Sound, Giga Lan USB 2.0 1000MHz FSB SATA)?

Its srange how it only occurs on certain games and on games which take considerably less to run than others in certain cases. I am absolutely clueless as to what might be the problem. I have downloaded a program to detect the speed of my fans and the heat of certain areas of my pc (see first link) and when the beeping occurs there seems to be no erratic change. I have also jotted down my PSU voltage (see second link) which totalled at 350w. my graphics card is a Connect 3d Radeon X850XT 256MB GDDRIII DVI + TV PCI-E although it has less memory 256 instead of 512 it uses GDDR3 instead of GDDR2 which is much faster graphics memory. Apparently 350w is minimum requirement for the graphics card.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Gart...r/obiviovfm.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Gart...POWERSUPPLY.jpg

hope you can help

Alex

Most often such a beep usually comes from the Motherboard Speaker, also known as the CMOS/BIOS Speaker. It is not uncommon for the motherboard to beep when x amount of keys are pressed in unison, or certain key combinations. There is no absolute, clear cut, fix or cause for this problem. Though it is often suggest that one flashs the BIOS and makes sure windows along with all drivers and game patchs are up to date.

Yeah it is the very same noise as when you mash all the buttons on your keyboard at the same time. It occurs when i'm playing the game but often whem its paused it is ok. Earlier it caused my pc to crash for the first time in about 50 attempts to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom