Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Computer wont start up!!!

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
CalcProgrammer1

Default Re: Computer wont start up!!!

Hmm...

The fans starting up and going off COULD mean you have a short in your motherboard. This happened to me when I was putting together my new motherboard. Check under the motherboard to make sure there is no screw holes or pins from the case that may be shorting out the board.

It could also mean that the RAM hasn't been correctly replaced. Try taking out and re-seating the RAM. Note that it does take a considerable amount of force to insert a stick of RAM, so push until the levers on both sides snap into place.

Is the power light of the case coming on when you plug it in or is it a little green light on the power supply? If it's on the case, it could be a motherboard power issue, maybe a shorting issue. Try re-inserting the RAM because if the RAM isn't properly inserted, the computer can't post and will stop running. If your motherboard has a buzzer thing on it (a little black cylinder with a hole in the middle) it should beep a few times if the RAM isn't properly inserted (some motherboards can't make beeping noises, most can).

I'd first try reinserting the RAM and see if it goes away.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.