AMD Phenom X4 CPU Prices Emerge

Status
Not open for further replies.
o_O 316 on release? well now. XD guess I was readin the wrooong thing lol. may have been lookin at the qx. Well thats great news then ;p

now all I wish was intel had of made a cool name like amd. Phenom just sounds mean. penryn reminds me of a stork...

"Penryn" sounds like a "Took", for you LoTR fans.

i just went to their tour and i must say, their phenom x4 looks very impressive...every core can draw different voltages at the same time, as well as having their own memory controller on board, which lets you have a lower cache without taking a performance hit...i hope they beat out the penryn processors so we can get more competition. looks like the X2 vs the fused pentiums

my goodness you guys crack me up.... OMG AMD is gonna plow under.
W/E boys. the chip they are launching is the future of chips lol i cant beleive i am the only one picking up on that. shows how shortsighted my TF bretheren really are. congratulations..the intel chip can hit 4ghz. the AMD chip has technology that intel cant master. pffft.

Naga, you keep forgetting that intel brought onboard memory controllers to market long before AMD. Also they brought to market the quad core a year+ before amd. Also, oh ya, and this is a big one, they are bringing out a true quad core with on board memory controller at 45nm in about 10 months. I dont want to hate on AMD because competition is good, but AMD really is WAY behind. They can claim to be the "first" true quadcore all they want, but unless it performs better than 2 dual cores on 1 die, who cares.

I hope the Phenom's true performance is being kept secret and actually out does Intel by a good bit. Competition between companies is great for the consumer.

Naga, you keep forgetting that intel brought onboard memory controllers to market long before AMD.
Where?
I never recall Intel having any commercially available CPU with a memory controller when K8 was out. They were just slamming Pentium 4 ads everywhere.
Also they brought to market the quad core a year+ before amd.
first doesn't mean best.

Also, oh ya, and this is a big one, they are bringing out a true quad core with on board memory controller at 45nm in about 10 months.
And yet, AMD already have true quad cores with memory controllers.

By your argument, if you still stand by it, you'll have to give credit to AMD for bringing out a true quad core first, with an onboard memory controller.
If not, then you contradicted yourself.

I dont want to hate on AMD because competition is good, but AMD really is WAY behind.
No, they are actually not really.

They can claim to be the "first" true quadcore all they want, but unless it performs better than 2 dual cores on 1 die, who cares.
what about price to performance?
a true quad core is cheaper to produce than gluing two dual core dies onto one chip.

Where?

And yet, AMD already have true quad cores with memory controllers.

what about price to performance?
a true quad core is cheaper to produce than gluing two dual core dies onto one chip.

the Q6600 is selling like crazy n that is just 2 E6600's glued together.

what do u think makes a quad-core a "true" quad-core in ur opinion?

my goodness you guys crack me up.... OMG AMD is gonna plow under.
W/E boys. the chip they are launching is the future of chips lol i cant beleive i am the only one picking up on that. shows how shortsighted my tech forums bretheren really are. congratulations..the intel chip can hit 4ghz. the AMD chip has technology that intel cant master. pffft.

Uhh.. what..? Thanks for contributing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom