rams take it out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

galant_mod

In Runtime
i have got 1 2gb and 512mb(stock) ram in it and they have the same specs but different brand.should i just remove the 512mb?

It's ok to have mixed brands, and I agree with motoxer. Since they have the same specs, it's all good.

run memtest and if no errors occur then you should be good.
I use to run 2 diff brands of ram and had no problems.

I run 4gb of mixed ram with no problems. And i read somewhere the other day they did some testing on single and dual channel mode and it actually made less than 10% difference in the performance by running in single channel.

Keep the 512MB. You might also want to consider bumping up to 2GB by replacing it with another 1GB, and then running in dual channel to take advantage of the small performance boost it offers. Vista runs well with 2GB, and since you are already allocating 256MB to your graphics, you probably should upgrade. But yes, keep the 512MB stick in there for now. No harm in doing that.

Also, off-topic, but I don't think your signature is correct. "DEDICATED" should probably read "SHARED", as there aren't any 1100's in laptops with 256MB dedicated VRAM. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom