Is this a decent gaming computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hashbrowns

Beta member
I'm a n00b in "internal" computer knowledge so I need your help. I have a concern with the "RAM". I only got 2GB of RAM and a game says it requires to GB's of ram to play. I dont know if you need that much, and im really only worried about the ram. I'm going to be most likely to to install up to 4 games.
Here are the specs.
Will the RAM be okay?

Intel Core 2 Dual E6600 Socket 775 CPU (retail)
DualCore 2.40GHzm 1066MHz FSB, 4MB L2 Cache, Intel EM64T 64-Bit, Inel Virtualization Technology

Asus P5K ATX Socket 775 Mainboard

Kingston 1GB PC2-6400 DDR2 800MHz RAM (Quantity= 2)

Enermax EG565P-VE FMA (24P) 535 Watt ATX
SLI-Capable ATX12V v2.0 High Grade Power Supply

BFG GeForce 8800GTX OC2 768MB PCI-Express

SeaGate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA HDD

LG SuperMulti H62n 18X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW SATA

Vantec UGT-CR900 Internal 3.5" USB 2.0 Card Reader

Windows Vista Home Premium
32 Bit Version

and if it matters, the games i was going to install were: World of Warcraft, Battlefeild 2, Enemy Territories: Quake Wars and Shadowrun(which takes 2GB)

Please and thank you.

Yes, it is a decent gaming machine. I don't know any game that will require 2GB of RAM. I doubt it. It was probably recommended that you have 2GB of RAM....because 2GB is more than you need to play any game, and then some...

System requirements: 3.2 GHz CPU; 1GB RAM; 7GB hard drive space; Windows Vista; ATI X800 or NVIDIA 6800 display adapter with 256 MB RAM (Adrenaline Vault » Blog Archive » Shadowrun PC review )

these are the system requirements of Shadowrun. since this is the game you were most worried about (and I saw your other post on forums.shadowrun.com/forums/thread/128719.aspx ) then you are good to go. nice setup by the way!

That setup is WAAY overkill for those games (well maybe not quake wars)

Why are you only installing those 4 games on auch a monster of a system? There are a world of games out there, why not try others as well?

I have to ask. How much did that computer cost? By my standards thats an excellent gaming computer. I mean you get people who make some rather amazing computers but this is still pretty high-end. I doubt there are many, or any for that matter, games you can't play with something like that.

looks great i would probably beef up the ram to about 3-4gb it wont cost much more and will just make things run alot smoother.. especially with games like crysis that RECCOMEND around 2gb but other than that its perfect :) and if those games are the only ones u are looking at playing u could probably degrade a few things to save some cash but thats totaly up to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom