Vista -> XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
So because you cheaped out and bought a junky laptop this is Viusta fault and its crap?:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That is a good one. You know that is so funny. I have a laptop with Vista on it that has 1GB of RAM and a TL-56 CPU (I think it TL i know its a AMD something or other) and i have no problem running VIsta Home PRemium. How is that??? Mine barely uses 30% of my resources. Hmmm maybe cause i know how to USE VISTA??

Stop bashing the OS for your mistakes.

Maybe "using" it means not really using it. If you do web surfing and cheap crap like that, then yes, you won't see a problem with vista. It's when you start rendering images that it starts to bog down. My ram is 50% used right after startup, no other programs open. If i open mozilla and a few other ones at once, it starts using page file and you can see the lag. I turned off all the visual effects and that only freed like 2-3% of the memory.
It's sad that you need 1GB of ram to check your email. I remember when 256MB was a he!! of a rig.

how long have you had this laptop? superfetch, which preloads data and predicts what you need to have stored in ram often, takes a few days for it to actually work. So after a few days of normal use Vista and superfetch should run better for you.

Posts like yours make me unwilling to get vista until I have at least 2 gigs.

For a fee of course.

When MS turns down a chance to get money pigs will fly.

No, from what I read, it was for free, if you have Ultimate or Business.

I had Ultimate running fine on my other PC (PC 1 in sig if you care to look), and it has 1GB RAM, EVGA 7600GS, and a Celeron D, and it ran absolutely fine for me.

I had Ultimate running fine on my other PC (PC 1 in sig if you care to look), and it has 1GB RAM, EVGA 7600GS, and a Celeron D, and it ran absolutely fine for me.

Again, "If you do web surfing and cheap crap like that, then yes, you won't see a problem with vista."

It's not a matter or "running", but of performance.

There's no point it getting it. It has nothing new that you really need, and it just slows your system down. If you want your system to run slower, a better choice will be underclocking it. It's faster than installing vista, cheaper, and saves you a trip to the store.

some XP drivers for specific components in your laptop may be hard to find. Make sure you have all those first before making a move.

agreed that vista sucks compared to XP.

There's no point it getting it. It has nothing new that you really need, and it just slows your system down. If you want your system to run slower, a better choice will be underclocking it. It's faster than installing vista, cheaper, and saves you a trip to the store.

hmm, I've never heard of direct x 10 before... what is this? amazing next-gen graphics that trump the PS3 and 360? woah? what is this?

woah... aero effects in vista? whats that... the sexy train? oh em gee its the sexy train

I see your problem, but theres no need to bash vista just because you can't run it...

I had vista on my rig and my new laptop came with it. i absolutely hated it. I can tweak XP to use about 80 megs of ram, vista uses 600 megs. Sorry M$ but that memory is reserved for things like music, games and applications. Learn how to write better code.

vista made all my systems faster actually. even on a AMD 1800 w768mb ram. the only thing I don't like is on my computer random things crash every so often that never crashed in xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom