Some simple build questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
keep in mind intel will give you a major performance boost over AMD, its all whether you want to spend it

Case: Centurian 5 $40
PSU: Rosewill 500 watt $45
CPU: e6750 $190
Mobo: ds3l $100
RAM: 2 x 1 gb Patriot Extreme $65
Video: 8300gs if your not gaming
(edit) the 2400pro is good too

Alright a couple more questions, hope you don't mind me sounding like a complete noob. How good exactly is the onboard video on that motherboard? I know it says geforce 7550 or whatever but i'm talking in terms of games. Will it give me good performance? Also will that processor be outdated in a couple years? I was going with the 6000 because i thought it would last me a while. What types of games would i be able to play with that onboard video? Also it says the motherboard is mirco atx... is that going to fit into an atx case?

Alright a couple more questions, hope you don't mind me sounding like a complete noob. How good exactly is the onboard video on that motherboard? I know it says geforce 7550 or whatever but i'm talking in terms of games. Will it give me good performance? Also will that processor be outdated in a couple years? I was going with the 6000 because i thought it would last me a while. What types of games would i be able to play with that onboard video? Also it says the motherboard is mirco atx... is that going to fit into an atx case?

yes to all of the above.. the 6000+ is not as powerful as the e6750

the 7025 is a crappy Video Card... its just to hold you off until you get your new video card... and it will fit in an ATX... MicroATX is smaller than regular ATX

Try clubit.com also. They have good pricing. Or if you really want to you can search around for the best prices for each component like I did. Its a bit of a hassle but you do save in the end and it all adds up.

If i go with the slower processor, this leaves me room to maybe buy a graphics card? This would eliminate the need for onboard video. If i can get a graphics card for say 150 what would you recommend? I'd like something that i can play fear and half life 2 on since i already own them. I don't care about low resolution, just decent graphics would be fine with me.

Another thought. Aren't there motherboards out there that support two dual core processors? What if i get one of these and run two dual cores 4000s. Would that be a good option or not worth it?

$ 150??

you can get a good card an even max out both those games... with this...

Newegg.com - MSI NX8600GTS Diamond Plus GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

i would usually not recommend that... but the 7900gs and gt are out of your budget

Another thought. Aren't there motherboards out there that support two dual core processors? What if i get one of these and run two dual cores 4000s. Would that be a good option or not worth it?

you can't only server boards do that with an Opteron processor or a Xeon Processor... and its those boards itself are pricey to start...

but unless your talking about Quad-FX.. but thats not worth it... its 1300$ atleast.. for the whole system.. and a q6600 is a better deal anyways if you qnat Quad-FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom