Just curious...Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vista isnt that bad if you're on a fast system. I like being able to utilize 4+ gigs of memory on the 64 bit version. Drivers are getting better...

I still use XP though. A lot of software is still buggy on vista, Solidworks for example.

I find it incredible that no one here seems to have a problem with the fact that it uses, like, 30-40% of your memory. Surely this is a bad thing rather than a good one!!! To me thats like saying 'yeah, I want that car because it chugs down the petrol faster than anything else'!

Even for the majority of people on this forum whos computers are powerful enough to deal with Vista, would it not be preferable to have an OS which leaves more overhead performance for gaming/video editing/3d design/CFD/whatever it is that your computer is THERE FOR. It suredangdiddly isn't there just to sit around showing off its flashy OS. You don't run a computer because you need the OS, you run a computer because you need the programs! The OS is a tool to let you access those programs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom