Having RAM trouble, need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewjustforyou

In Runtime
Hey guys, Idk if you remember, but I recently bought my brother some new DDR2 ram (was the post asking if you could go ddr1->ddr2 on a laptop), well, a few weeks into this new ram, he started randomly getting the blue screen of death.

Now, we have been in hot debate for some time as the cause, and how to resolve, this problem, And Ive decided to take it here.

I remember a program that this board often suggests that will get the full specs of your computer in an easy to read format, And was wondering if someone could help me get/post that program and its results, as well as help us debunk why the **** this computer is going so stranely haywire (we have reformatted quite a few times, and it still happens occasionaly, leading me to believe the RAM is at fault, but Id like to look at how fast its going, as well as maybe adjusting the FSB, But I really need help with that, and the first step is figuring out what its currently running at, ala the program request).

Thanks alot

-Drew

The program you're looking for, is CPU-Z. The most common cause for BSODs, is faulty RAM, so try another stick if possible.

thanks b1g, once again, showing me the path of goodness in the computer world.

getting it right now, so compatibility is not the most likely issue?

and, why would it bring up the BSOD at random intervals, it certainly doesnt appear to be happening in any particular interval, or at any amount of memory usage, sometimes when the computer starts up, sometimes when it sits there, other times it seems he can max his ram usage and not have any problems.

utterly baffeling me, but would running the ram on 1 stick each diagnose a bad stick?

It could possibly diagnose one bad stick, if you tested each one at a time. Post a CPU-Z screenshot.

So did you try one stick of RAM at a time? Maybe it's overheating. Monitor the temperatures, with Everest or Core Temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom