PC Assembly Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akumapalooza

Baseband Member
First off, my hard drive shipped wrapped only in bubble wrap, no box, no kit, no installation manual or anything. I looked up the installation guide and it says it comes with a kit. http://www.wdc.com/en/library/sata/2779-001006.pdf
which says it comes with both? That's not good, right?

And, my GFX card's installation guide was VERY vague in its installation guide only saying pretty much to push the card into the expansion slot but there are some things that look like they should be plugged into somehing but is not explained in the installation guide? Does anybody know where to find like an advanced installation guide for GFX cards?

Sorry if I sound stupid. I appreciate any advice.

Well hard drives are pretty easy, plug it in, possible format it. Mine came in bubble wrap as well since it was OEM. Video cards are the same. If it is a pci-express card, put it in the slot, plug in the pci-express power, and install the drivers. What GFX card did you get?

Lolz when I put both my harddrives on my case I only screwed it in the thing using one side since I couldnt get to the other side to screw it in. do I have to remove the other side of the case to screw in and secure the other side of my drives? Cuz i didnt do that, but it seems pretty secure to me.

I got a e-GeForce 8800GTX 768MB card. The thing I'm worried about the hard drive though is that the installation guide said the kit it came with had some wires that I should be missing. Don't I need those?

if you got the oem version hard drive then it only includes the drives, the wires are not included which is one reason why they are called OEM and cheap too. :D

The thing I'm worried about the hard drive though is that the installation guide said the kit it came with had some wires that I should be missing. Don't I need those?

They probably meant the SATA power cable and data cable. The SATA power cable will come from the power supply, and the data cable is included with the motherboard. Assuming, you have an SATA hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom