Question from first timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you finish building a computer, first of all is your install your OS. Then it takes you to your Windows once you're done and you start installing your motherboard drivers, VGA drivers, and other drivers that is necessary. Well the fans are only to make your computer run at a cool temperature. It also depends on your case. If you computer has enough slots for fans then why not? The only components that should have a fan should be the CPU cooler and the VGA. Maybe the HDD if you buy a separate fan for it.

So all the necessary drivers will install automatically? Or do I need to put in a cd or download them or something?

EDIT: sorry for double post

I did a search on that and found a picture of how it's applied. Most people use the Arctic Silver thermal grease and shoots a rice grain dab in the middle of the die that's on the middle of the processor. The heatsink sits on top and spreads it out when that happens.

Oh, as for the motherboard drivers, it will open a window with a list of drivers for you to install. Some you can get off the internet too like the video card drivers. I actually prefer you go online for that part but technically, everything will work if you run everything off of that CD.

No, not all the drivers will update by itself. For VGA drivers, go to the site that has it's drivers [I.E.: nVidia Drivers, you go to nvidia.com; ATi drivers you go to ati.com (well I don't know about the ATi drivers, it doesn't look like it's on the site)]. Other drivers such as the motherboard, you'll have to use the CD that comes along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom