overclocking opteron 165 on chaintech VNF4 Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiveslude

Solid State Member
I am one to completely research anything before I actually buy it. What I have is the chaintech VNF4 Ultra. What I want to do is purchase the opteron 165 and overclock it. What I want to know is what kind of limiting factors I will face with this combo. I really do not know what im talking about so try to explain things out a bit.

i dont have much time at the moment for detail, but i do know that the nf4 ultra chipset is a monster overclocker for s939 cpus.
i had an abit kn9 nf4 ultra and i could clock my am2 4200 at 2.85ish, and my am2 3600 at pretty close to that same speed.
it wouldn't break 300mhz htt...but it got reeeeeal close. supposedly s939 results are just as good, if not better. plus, the 165 is likely a better overclocker than my 4200.
i tell ya more later.

I think its the htt that I really dont understand. What is it? From what I've read that is what could be limiting the cpu. Also where can I get all the programs or what ever to monitor/change cpu speed and other stats.

I've got the board and overclocking isnt its strong point. I cant only hit like 2.6ghz or 2.7ghz (it is stable and its not) where as on my friends dfi I can just touch 3ghz with my x2 3800. It just isnt the best overclocking but is rock solid at stock speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom