Cannot format my drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

madking153

In Runtime
Hi,

I got a perious game folder, which is empty and cannot be deleted. So i try to reformat the drive with contain this folder but fail ... it said i cannot format this drive

any idea? really an eyesore to see this empty folder -

If that doesn't work try this....

Use a second computer download Ultimate Boot CD version 4 burn it to a CD. Take that CD and put it into the computer, when it gives you the option to boot from CD do so. Use the hard disk tools feature thats on the CD if you have maxtor use that or seagate HDD use that specif tool etc...

When your ready do these 3 steps....

1.Zero fill the HDD
2.Check the HDD for bad sectors and other crap thats causing problems.
3.Format using NTSF for windows XP.
Turn off your computer for about 1-2 hours to let it cool off, if its night time leave it off all night.... turn it on the next morning and reinstall XP.

After all that your HDD should be fine afterwords without any problems....

Post back here again if you have more problems.

If that doesn't work try this....

Use a second computer download Ultimate Boot CD version 4 burn it to a CD. Take that CD and put it into the computer, when it gives you the option to boot from CD do so. Use the hard disk tools feature thats on the CD if you have maxtor use that or seagate HDD use that specif tool etc...

When your ready do these 3 steps....

1.Zero fill the HDD
2.Check the HDD for bad sectors and other crap thats causing problems.
3.Format using NTSF for windows XP.
Turn off your computer for about 1-2 hours to let it cool off, if its night time leave it off all night.... turn it on the next morning and reinstall XP.

After all that your HDD should be fine afterwords without any problems....

Post back here again if you have more problems.

it's called powermax. you can use the quick erase option too

MadMikeXP i don't understand why he should turn off the pc instead of an immediate reinstallation, pcs don't have an actual problem of not being cool enough, other than if the motherboard temprature is over 60 degrees celcious. Never happened to me. The recommend tempratures, 30 degrees do not represent the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom