Computer Won't Turn On!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One last question from me...when you installed the new drive, you did unplug the computer from your elect.outlet? Or did you have your power cord hooked up first to the pc then you plugged into elect.outlet?

Its hard to remember but I think I had everything unplugged only because the way I have it set up I have to disconnect everything to get access to the pc's insides. So I dont see why I would disconnect and then reconnect only to put in a dvdrw. Knowing me I disconnected everything to get the pc out of its enclosure in the desk (there is air circulation there btw) and then I put the drive in before plugging in just the power, mouse, keyboard, monitor...especially since I knew I had trouble with that drive before.

I ask bcus my buddy recently fried his mb by hooking up his pc powercord first to the wall then to his pwrsuply...then a major spark! Mb RIP
My advice is to put that mb to rest and move on to a bigger and better pc

Hehe no sparks on my end. Yeah I think what Ill do is just get a P4mobo combo for now because I was planning at the end of the year building a quad core. I get a sweet deal of a mother board + cpu +copy of windows for $200 at the end of each year. I havent done it in 4 years so I was planning on doing it this year. So I think Ill get a hold me over for now and then go nuts later on this year.

Hey guys thanks for all the help really. I think I found a new forum to check out regularly...a lot of good stuff here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom