Windows based Bio Update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatio89

Baseband Member
Hey,
at the moment, Im update my bios through a windows based program, and it is taking forever! Is it supposed to do this?
I have a compaq presario sr1403wm and Im using the software/bio THEY provided on the website specific for my model...
I am still able to do things on the computer, the update window is just staying there, although I shouldnt, right? Any ideas?

basically just to update it, no specific reason really

also, its still going =x

i decided to be daring and try and X it out... (i know... =x).
all it did was hang for a moment, the screen slowed down as in the mouse lagged when i moved it, and then went back to normal
lol
i dunno
still going though

well, ill let it run for another hour, see what happens.
ill go end it through the task manager and/or restart if i need to... maybe ill get lucky and it didnt even access the bios or something...
thanks for the help... =/

Update: Looks like it actually updated the bios fine... I ended the installer through the task manager, and restarted. When it booted it showed the new version of the bios (3.15), and proceeded to boot windows. It did have an NTLRD(sp?) not found error, but that is fixed and everything is running fine now. Guess I got lucky :)

yeah , word of caution with bios. dont update unless if you have a good reason, like new hardware support etc. cause if it goes bad the only way to fix it usually is to replace the bios chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom