Question on hard drive quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
Seagate and western digital have come out with hdd that say 24/7 operation. The seagate line is ES and the WD is RE. Does anyone know how much better these are than there standard line. Seagate offers 5 year warranty on all but WE only offers 5 year on the RE line.

I'd go for Seagates. I heard they have the least percentage of failure rates, amongst the other companies. Western is a great HD company too. Second to Seagate.

Seagate 7200.10 HDD's are known to be faster and last longer and have a better warranty however, the WD Caviar's are said to be a good bit more silent than them so people choose them.

I myself own a WD but I still think Seagate is a better company and just overall make better drivers.

I would go with the Seagate just becuase I trust them more.

Ive got a seagate Barracuda ES and it works like a dream compared to the WD being used in a friends computer but i agree with them that they are a little bit more noisy.

I'd have to agree with these guys... The last two SATA hard drives I have purchased were the 7200.9 and 7200.10 series from Seagate... Both drives have performed flawlessly and honestly I never noticed a bit of noise from them(however I have 2 120 MM case fans) .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom