High End Cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
hrmm... the e6600 and e6700 will reach the same limit.. but the e6700 will reach it much easier... for a novice oc'r, i would suggest an e6700... and it operates at a higher frequency level without having to sacrifice fsb or upping your vcore. you don't see e6600 setting all the records.. its e6700 and x6800's.. lol. and why do you want ddr1100 if you don't know how to oc?? ddr800 has plenty of headroom for overclocking.

just my 2 cents though

and no, they don't all hit the same limit.... i see x6800's easily hitting 4.0 ghz on air.. yet with e6600's i only see extremists who are pretty much pro reaching that... i had a hard time reaching 3.9 on mine.. and could only run super pi.. then got bsod's

The E6700's multi is not so good for overclocking high. Most people reduce the multi to E6600's so it can reach a higher FSB.

Also the E6600 can reach 4ghz as well...i see it all the time. The E6600 has reached 4.5ghz with both cores on LN2.

I have two points of view on this matter.

1.) If you have the money and want that processing power, absolutely buy it.
Sure "Software" hasn't caught up to speed yet with the Quad-Core hardware. But when it does, "You'll have it."

2.) Wait a few more months and watch the quad core prices drop to under $800. Also, Base quad core models will be sure to follow soon... $300 to $600 models.

and no, they don't all hit the same limit.... i see x6800's easily hitting 4.0 ghz on air.. yet with e6600's i only see extremists who are pretty much pro reaching that... i had a hard time reaching 3.9 on mine.. and could only run super pi.. then got bsod's

uhhhh. 3.9 and 4.0 are pretty close to the same, wouldn't you say?
and if the 6700 are getting 4.0 easily, what is their ceiling?
but that is not the everyday overclocker, either. whats the limit for joe blow the ameteur?
check out this link:
THE OVERCLOCKING WORLD RECORD DATABASE
119 mhz difference.
x6800 is almost 600mhz higher, so i can see the benefit if you are going for records. but i cant see the bebefit of the LOAD of extra money.
i wonder if that 5.5 6700 is stable or if it bsods?
i HIGHLY doubt that it is stable, which pretty much (for me anyway) negates it having the world record for overclocks...
if it isn't stable, whats the use? super pi? lol

Lol you obviously havent played medieval 2 total war, im thinkin even an 8800 gtx can run that game with all the guys on screen and max settings, but i could be wrong, for now i gues ill oc the 4800 then get an 8800 gtx and if i still cant run it on high ill sli the 8800 gtx, and when the new amds come out ill just buy myself a new rig and wait for the 8950 gx2, sound good?

lol yeah sounds good to me, man.
and no, i havent palyed that game.
but, i dont really see the difference between no AA and 4x. so i dont use it, usually. you'd be suprised at the minor difference of running most of your settings at high and a couple or few at medium.
by minor i mean like, unnoticable.
but hey woot woot sli those bad boys and post us your 3dmark score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom