In-expensive rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

LU4sTrooper

In Runtime
Hi all.

Basically, I need some ideas for a rig. My brother's birthday is approaching soon and I wanna suprise him and build him a system for around £300-£400 including monitor/keyboard/mouse/case etc.

It doesn't need to be top-of-the-range of course, only for light MMO gaming etc. also I would prefer it if it had upgrade potential for the near future, so he can modify it if needs be.

I would prefer it if the parts were ordered from Overclockers.co.uk as that's where I usually order from, unless you spot an awesome deal on parts elsewhere :p

Thanks for the help :)

i think u will struggle with 400 pound full build and still have good quality. dell would be your best choice of the top of my head though:

ram: 1gb
hdd: 320gb Seagate barracuda
Cpu: e4300
Mobo: p5b
optical: dvd rw
videocard: 7900gs will handle moderate with new games maybe high at a push 7600gs if u dont have the money.
Monitor: 19" widescreen with 1440x1024 i think the resolution is the cheapest half decent one you can find probably going to be a hanns g or sceptre maybe acer

i found scan.co.uk to be the cheapest only 9quid off from dabs.com which also has quite a good selection.

he doesnt really need a C2D a single core would be fine forlight gaming... i would go AM2.

i was thinking more the upgrade ability of an Intel C2D system with the new ones coming out in the summer so if his bro wants too upgrade in a year he will have the basic mobo to do so or he can just over clock for now.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom