PC Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
My aunts PC isn't booting up. Heres the problem. It has XP home on it and I put the upgrade disk for vista ultimate on it. Not thinking... I tried to upgrade by rebooting the system and installing it that way... duh.... it doesn't work. So now I have a problem... because XP won't boot up. And of course there is no vista. What it does when i start the computer up is boot up normal the setup screen goes by and everything and then xp comes on with the bar meaning its loading... after it loads... the screen turns black and restarts. Does the same thing for safe mode as well... restarts after it attempts to load. It is very important that all the files are still there and they are at this point but how can I get xp to boot right without restarting without losing files... or at least create backups at this point?

my aunt and uncle hired a technician to come to the house. He was doing something with it... maybe something with the master boot record and he had his laptop hooked up to it. I would like to learn what he did, but I really don't know. Does anybody have any ideas as to how to how to hook up the computer to a laptop and look over things on the master boot?

The easyest way i would assume is that it connected via Ethernet

i have conected 2 comuters via Ethernet before but honestly i think its a bit pointless...
never th less

her computer could be controlled from his laptop, and he sent the XP restore via his laptop

To connect two computers is that really all u have to do... connect two computers with an ethernet cable and its connected? So does that mean transfer files and such?

ZeroShade said:
To connect two computers is that really all u have to do... connect two computers with an ethernet cable and its connected? So does that mean transfer files and such?

thats right...

basically if you goto ''My Computer''

and if you connect 2 comuters via ethernet. you can see each of them, in eachothers ''Shared Files''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom