Looking to buy a new Desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, it may be locked from overclocking. If it's not, it probably would void the warranty.

Don't get dual 8800GTX. One is MORE than plenty, trust me.

Don't get a physics processing unit, the 8800GTX already has one.

2 gigabytes of ram is plenty, Windows XP can't even utilize 4 gigs.

Don't know about overclocking on Alienware mobos, not sure if the bios is locked or not. Can't tell you which to decide.

Good luck :)

The reason why the things are over kill is because I am going to keep this computer for a long time without upgrading it much.

Unless the overclock is substantial, you aren't going to notice it much, except on benchmarks.

Please, just for me, don't get the PPU or the extra GTX. :p

Reason not to get the PPU: The 8800 GTX Has one on it (it's a 512mb card, with a 256 mb PPU)

Reason not to get dual GTX: SLI doesn't mean you're going to be 2 fold better, it's a slight increase, it's more for overclockers.

If you were an "Extreme Overclocker" go for it (you're buying premade, which pretty much rules that out), but you say you're an Extreme Gamer, getting 1 top of the line (yes, the 8800 GTX is the best you can get for gaming at the moment) will be plenty

Also I'm assuming you're a WoW player...lets get real, nearly anything can run that game. But I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and say that this rig is for future games... One 8800 GTX is still plenty.

Yeah I play a lot of WoW and other games, but the reason for the stuff is for the future and right now I am running a 2002 piece of junk and if you have vent we can discuss this.

I do have vent, but my mic sounds like a crackling fire of ****.. Note to self: Don't leave your mic on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom