intranet or internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
Ive got a small intranet website which is used by generally 5 people on at anytime and a maximum load of 45 but there are 80 users. It is a download server for large programs and a collection of movies the largest files are 5gb and the average is probably 1gb. my question is would it be easier or worth it to make this become a website rather then an intranet site so that theres access when at home??? currently there is no passwords for user accounts just ip's which are exceptions to a complete ip block. it is currently only semi-functional and ive only put bout 3 days worth of effort into so its just some simple pages with a description of what the program/video is.

Matt

Yeah, depends what you're doing...if you want the public to have access...or what.

Many larger companies have you tunnel through their firewall, then you can use the intranet from anywhere as well - just not the public. Probably the safest, if you know what you're doing...:)

lol well I'm a sixteen year old college student not a company technician lol although i do have a nice buisiness running called saltynay productions which makes a tidy profit each month :D. Is it easy to set up a good firewall defense if the website is going to be used for downloading rather then uploading???

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom