Overheating problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandabean

Solid State Member
I have had my HP Pavillion zx5000 for over 3 years now and only recently it has started shutting down on its own. The time varies from half an hour to a few hours. The corner of the laptop on the keyboard area feels hot.

I run the computer straight from the mains and don't really bother with the battery.

Is there any ways to help alleviate this problem?

I have heard that blowing compressed air into the fans and side vents will clear some of the dust.

Hope someone can help.
Andy

pandabean said:
I have had my HP Pavillion zx5000 for over 3 years now and only recently it has started shutting down on its own. The time varies from half an hour to a few hours. The corner of the laptop on the keyboard area feels hot.

I run the computer straight from the mains and don't really bother with the battery.

Is there any ways to help alleviate this problem?

I have heard that blowing compressed air into the fans and side vents will clear some of the dust.

Hope someone can help.
Andy

yeah just make sure that you hold the can upright. if you turn it to the side , upside down or shake it you might get liquid out instead of air. just use the compressed air in the vents in small bursts and you should see a bunch of dust fly out of the holes LOL . be careful not to blow so that dust goes in your face or anything heh.

this is something you should do about every month actually, so that you dont get much dust buildup and risk overheating and damaging components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom