AGP Video card to PCI Slot?, Will this work

Status
Not open for further replies.

waleed

Beta member
I got a new video card to upgrade my computer, its a NVDIA e-Geforce FX 5500 256mb DDR AGP 8X VGA/DVI/TV Video CARD,

now this is a AGP card, But when i opened up my computer the only thing it has was 3 ****in PCI slots, so i found this Video from youtube,
which shows how you could fit a AGP card to a PCI slot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg8Z6THb8js

^^ will this work if i do it or do i just need to buy a NEW PCI video card . :amazed:

Get another card. There is no way I would do what that video shows.
You can sell the AGP card and get a pci card with money left over.

yeah, you will most likely burn out your chipset or break the pci slot, UNLESS there is an adaptor for agp to pci, which will have been the first i have heard of it.

Best! option is to do what splatoid said

No way! The pin configuration is completely different as are the slots. Dude, if you don't have an AGP slot then you have on-baord video and it's like a Dell or a Compact or some other POS. New mobo...........read my lips: YOU CAN'T PUT AN agp VIDEO CARD INTO A PCI SLOT. IT WON'T FIT AND YOU'LL DAMAGE BOTH THE CARD AND THE MOTHERBOARD. YOUTOOB? tHE PERSON ON YOUTOOB WHO TOLD GAVE YOU THIS INFORMATION MUST HAVE GOT UP IN THE MORNING AND DRANK A WHOLE GALLON OF FRESH SQUEEZED DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol okay people, im new at this thing ****.

thanks for leting me know, i probably have done that lol thank you.

is there any good video card out there thats in PGI card,
thats atleast less than a 100 doller

Why waste the money......please provide me with your system specs and I'll direct you to a mobo upgrade so you can use the AGP card. PCI is a stupid bandwidth choice!! AGP is 2x PCI!!!!

well as you can see i have a
Dell Dimension 2400 <<< REALLY SLOW

Dell Dimension 2400 desktop computer
Pentium 4 CPU running at 2.8 GHz
256 MB PC2100 DDR Memory
80 Gigabyte Hard Drive
48x CD-RW Combo Optical Drive
Integrated AC'97 Audio with
Intel Extreme 3D Graphics with 64MB Shared Memory
v.92 56 Kbps PCI Modem and 10/100 Ethernet
Six USB 2.0 Ports
Three PCI Expansion Slots