Norton ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToKeN

In Runtime
Ok, If I make a backup of a fresh installed windows / driver etc... then i need to format again and use this backup how can I boot off of it without having to reinstall windows to actually use the backup?

the ghost application i use boots from a floopy. providing you have the proper drivers, once you have the *.gho file, you can burn the ghost file to a DVD disc if you want to reformat the entire drive. another way to use ghost for as a backup utility is to create two partitions on the hard drive...then run a 'partition to partition' copy. its also a good idea to go into windows and remove the drive letter from the partition so it can't be wrote to.

ghost runs in native DOS, it doesn't need windows. the ghost program you installed to windows was to help you make recovery diskettes and help guide you through making backups. you don't need them as they hand the backup/ restore jobs to ghost.exe anyways. use a winme boot disk (download from bootdisk.com) and copy ghost.exe to another floppy. after you boot with winme, run ghost and use partition> from image to select and restore your GHO image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom