Zimbabwe: On the brink of change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewc1307

Formerly known as BuggyVeyron
If there is ANY justice in the world then his time is over!

For a man (Mugabe) so evil and despicable to his own country...

From the BBC said:
Zimbabweans are suffering the world's highest inflation of more than 100,000%, food and fuel shortages, and life expectancy of 35 years.

And a loaf of bread costs 8million, yes million Zimbabwe Dollars!

Full story: BBC NEWS | World | Africa | 'No deal' for Mugabe to step down

$270 IN zimbabwe

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

8,000,000 Zimbabwe Dollar = 270.810 US Dollar

8,000,000 US Dollar (USD) = 236328405920 Zimbabwe Dollar (ZWD)

Interbank rate +/- 0%

This means:
You buy 8,000,000 Zimbabwe Dollar : 270.810 US Dollar
You sell 8,000,000 Zimbabwe Dollar : 262.584 US Dollar
You buy 8,000,000 US Dollar : 236328405920 Zimbabwe Dollar
You sell 8,000,000 US Dollar : 243731336640 Zimbabwe Dollar

president? or dictator? hmm

Dictator. Hopefully he'll bow out as gracefully as possible. His days will certainly be numbered if he tries to force the people of Zimbabwe to accept him as president for another term even though he's clearly lost. I wouldn't put it past South Africa and the AU to oust him.

Same old Same old, just glad he is on his way out hopufly without any bloodshead.

Yea, my friend is from down there and he sais it's like when they drive in the car under the seats they keep like millions upon millions under their seats in the car. When you pay for dinner at a restaurant you like wheel in a cart full of money. So yea he said it's like 5.000 ZWD for a our 5c candy.

That's just horrible inflation. Reminiscent of Pre-Nazi Germany when everybody burned money because it was worth less than wood. When your money becomes worthless like that you start to slide into more of a barter economy which can have a worsening affect on the whole situation. I'm just glad he'll be on his way out soon and somebody who actually cares a little bit about the country and it's people will be in charge of the situation.

On the BBC just now it said 10USD would get you 4mill in Zimbabwe dollars.

He is starting to kick up a stink there will be civial unrest there soon, maybe mass riots the people have spoken an they are not happy with him. This can go down a few ways most of them are very unpleasant.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mass uprising. Mugabe's not the type to give up power gracefully...or at all, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom