Your sound system

I was expecting most to use headphones/ipods. So I guess I was wrong. I like big stuff the bigger the better.

I posted this on another forum recently but since you asked here and say you like the big stuff, here goes:

My system is older and currently in storage but here are pics I collected from the 'net:

Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (these weigh 150lbs each)
ar-9.jpg

GAS Son of Ampzilla amp
son_ampzilla.jpg

GAS Thoebe preamp
thoebe.jpg

Technics SL-1500MK2 turntable
1500mk2.jpg

Grace F9L cartridge
gracef9l.jpg

I posted this on another forum recently but since you asked here and say you like the big stuff, here goes:

My system is older and currently in storage but here are pics I collected from the 'net:

Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (these weigh 150lbs each)
ar-9.jpg

GAS Son of Ampzilla amp
son_ampzilla.jpg

GAS Thoebe preamp
thoebe.jpg

Technics SL-1500MK2 turntable
1500mk2.jpg

Grace F9L cartridge
gracef9l.jpg
That that's whos been producing those hurricanes... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That is one sweet system. I have an sl-1500 but mine is manual. Those AR-9's are very nice! Do you have a tuner to go along with all that?

I'm using a USB 7.1 Logitec head phone for the secret stuff :angel: and a Creative ZXR with 5.1 large speakers for loud gaming and music. With my triple monitor setup it is hard to capture the speakers on camera so it might take some time to do so.

Can we boil water on this? :D

Seriously, I thought it was an oven :whistling:

7.1 off the sound system. Rocks the house and so clear for smaller speakers.
10.1 off the computer. Not hooked up. Not yet...

That is one sweet system. I have an sl-1500 but mine is manual. Those AR-9's are very nice! Do you have a tuner to go along with all that?

The tone arm on my turntable has a cuing lever and is damped but that's as close to automatic as it gets.

Yamaha T-1 Tuner
yam_t1.jpg

I also have this Audio Control C-101 graphic equalizer
c101.jpg

Last edited:
I'm using a USB 7.1 Logitec head phone for the secret stuff :angel: and a Creative ZXR with 5.1 large speakers for loud gaming and music. With my triple monitor setup it is hard to capture the speakers on camera so it might take some time to do so.

Can we boil water on this? :D

Seriously, I thought it was an oven :whistling:
Maybe you've never seen/used records? LPs? Vinyl?

Maybe you've never seen/used records? LPs? Vinyl?

Nope, but I know it's usually wood or plastic trimmed (if the description is correct) not in chrome or shiny metal like many electric ovens.

But yeah, seen them only on the media. I'm not that old to have used/seen them directly here :)

Nope, but I know it's usually wood or plastic trimmed (if the description is correct) not in chrome or shiny metal like many electric ovens.

But yeah, seen them only on the media. I'm not that old to have used/seen them directly here :)

Most Technics turntables look like that. And many young people play vinyl records. Plenty of new artists are releasing on vinyl.

Amazon Best Sellers: Best Vinyl

Back
Top Bottom