Your pick for the best movie of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing against foreign films, I actually think their filming style and approach tends to be better than the American way for the most part. Okay so I'll put this movie on my "to watch" list.

There is a French film that i can't rember the name of right now that is set in a armoured car while they are transporting a prisoner there is two versions subtitled an Dubed (really well done I have to say) it's not like REC* but if you enjoy the continental style of filimg it will be up your street - I just sent a message to my mate to get the name of the film (he has the DVD).

I see what you are saying, but it does still fit into the storyline of the first trilogy. It was way too hoaky for my taste, but still worth watching I guess. My main gripe was the incredible amount of hype there was for it saying it was going to be this amazing movie, and it was pretty much a let-down.

Isnt that the way with most or the "Trilogy" extenders? Or most of the main stream block busters. I find most of them bland, unispierd I have a script we can tweak to make a few bucks film.

Battlestar Galactica Razor, but for a mainstream film Cloverfield get's my vote only because it was original an didn't have to really on known actors to make it worth watching, But let's not forget REC* (the English lang remake is Quarinteen) superb film very enjoyable.

Loved [REC]

I'm seeing a lot of people mention 21, I might actually have to see this movie. I'm a big Kevin Spacey fan, but this movie just didn't look that good to me. I guess I'll give it a try.

Another memorable film for 2008 for me is Eden Log It's a french film that came out in europe around this time last year. It's of a strange flick, but I liked it any ways.

What is this 4th Indiana Jones movie you speak off? Like I look at Harrison Ford IMDB listing, and I see the movie Firewall (2006) and Crossing Over (2009). I don't remember Harrison Ford staring in any films during 2008.

Sorry, but the last Indiana Jones movie was The Last Crusade. There is no 4th film.

I think harper like me dosent consider that film a indiana jones film.

Yes. Sorry, I don't mean to be sounding like i was living under a rock for the last 19, it just that the 4th film was a load of rubbish in my opinion. Seriously, 3 script rewrites and that was the best they could do. Like there was the CGI Grophers. Like Gopher Broke look more convincing.
Then there was Nuclear Bomb Scene. Surviving the Nuclear Bomb inside the fridge is one thing. Surviving the impact of that fidge getting blown to the other side of Ground Zero was another.
The water fall scene did not excite me at all. Considering that we are talking about a guy that run out of of way from large bolders and doing daring escapes on run away mining trollies, the water fall scene just put me to sleep.
And then there is the alien at the end that has been stuck in a mountain. They should of just called him Lord Xenu instead and linked every thing to the OTIII text of Scientology instead.

Now if you excuse me as i need to sanitise my brain again of memories of the 4th Indiana Jones

Sorry, but Crystal Skull was one of those movies where they took some thing from my childhood and raped it. Just like they did with the Thunderbirds movie.

i liekd the scene with the fire ants that was preaty neet biut you must realise its a lucas arts film what else can you expect but a but load of cg lol. i wouldnt be suprised if indies hat was done in cg lol.

Lucas was affiliated with the previous Indy films, it's just this time he decided not to stay true to the franchise. The movie was appalling and was a complete slap in the face to Indy fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom