Your LCD Monitor and You

So, basically, whether you buy an Apple display or a Dell display, you pretty much stand a high chance of owning a monitor that's Samsung at heart.

Interesting..

that and 120Hz monitors are out now... you're no longer capped @ 60 or 70Hz

Hardcore gaming fans still hanging onto their CRTs with superior refresh rates and motion fluidity should be delighted to hear 120Hz LCD monitors are waiting just around the corner and should be available early next year. It started off with ViewSonic announcing it's VX2265WM which was demonstrated at NVISION 2008 together with NVIDIA's new try to bring 3D stereoscophic gaming alive after many years of hibernation due to incompatible LCD displays.
Source:120Hz (FPS) LCD Gaming is Near

120Hz is crap on HDTVs. I try pointing it out to my dad n others n they're are like, "Huh?". I want 240Hz. LG is showing off a prototype of a 480Hz HDTV at CES.

I have a 24 inch acer but I REALLY want to upgrade to a 24 sammy. I miss my old sammy is was so clear and crisp.

About the only thing that can had on this is Warranty.

Warranty. What does is cover and what does it not cover. Monitor come with a 3 year warranty, but will that cover every thing. There are some monitors brands that will not cover the back light.
Don't forget the dead/bright pixel policy where manufactures will put in a lot of terms and conditions in order to get out of fixing your monitor.
Eg. Position on the screen. If it right in the middle or the screen, the they will do some thing about it, but if it's on the edges, they might not do any thing.
Number of Dead Pixels and how close are they to each other. Some manufactures will require more than one dead pixel on the screen and they need to be with in a certain distance of each other.
How long does the dead pixel policy last?
Is there a DOA period for dead pixels? There are some monitor company that do not have DOA period when it comes to dead pixels.

Back
Top Bottom