Your first computer

I was one of the early customers to buy the Windows XP but it was really slow as the 60's computers. I gave it to my Aunt, but I noticed that she dosen't have it anymore. She has a vista currently.

A Toshiba 430CDT , bought it for $10 at a garage sale 6 years ago. It had no hardrive and i had no idea at the time where to get one, how to fit it and what to do with it so it ran off of DOS Boot floppy disks. Remember the sound of a floppy drive crunching away :)

My first computer was a 486 66mhz with 8mb ram 120mb hdd 600mb hdd and windows 3.1. I was given that computer about 10 years ago it was very old at the time

my first computer was a BBC Micro.

MY first "modern" computer was a Pentium 75MHz, with 8MB of RAM. 800MB hard drive...

My first computer was an IBM PC in 1984. 4.77Mhz 8088 processor, 256K RAM, 2 360K floppies. Most computers back then had only monochrome text capabilities but I went with the CGA (Color Graphics Adapter) video card and was able to display graphics in 320x200 resolution with 4 of the ugliest colors you ever saw!

Don't remember make or model...it would have been about 18 years ago...LOL.

All I remember is it was to play any games you had to exit Windows, put in a 5" floppy (a REAL floppy) disk, and enter some dos commands for the game to start.

SIMFARM.EXE anyone?

Back
Top Bottom