Your favorite classic games

Haha I loved Bubsey, & the original Sonic's.
What you grew up with, you seem to love more. They are a lot more etched that stuff you'll ever play now.

I actually grew up without video games. My dad was weird and wouldn't let me have anything until I was like 8, when I was allowed to buy a playstation if I saved for it, and I was only allowed to play it for 15 minutes a day. Basically, the second the rule was lifted, I became addicted. That is why I keep myself from playing WoW and any other MMOs, and I try not to go online with games.

I agree that classic games were typically much better than newer games. Oh boy I love Star Raiders.... Just thinking about that game makes me want to go set up my atari and play it.

Original Might and Magic.

might__magic_iii_profilelarge.jpg

Lemmings..

lemmingsjpg.png

I gotta say, a lot of the above posted games are too new for me to consider them classic. I wouldn't really call Sim City 2000 classic. I still play it now on a quad core PC.

I think I'm going to have to go with Joust and Tank Wars on MSDOS.

any classic Nintendo. Grew up playing it. Had the oldies Crystal Pokemon along with a GameBoy Color setting on my shelf, picked it up and switched out the batteries and I've almost beat it in a day (today being the second).

I never played any PC games because I grew up on NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii...never had anything but Nintendo.

My NES broke along time ago but I loved Dragon Warrior.
dwar3.gif

Punch-Out, ExciteBike.
Who could forget Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl.
confidence-bo-jackson.jpg

Loved my SNES (see below). Any of the Final Fantasy games. Street Fighter 2 was awesome.
street_fighter_II_snes_hadoken.jpg

Played Mario Cart like it was my job. (anyone who has played and won alot with Toad knows this pic ain't quite right)
mariokart_snes.jpg

N64...I didn't really play it a whole lot. I don't even remember what games I had, it was like only 4 or 5. Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64. I think I played Madden the most (if not like 90% of the time). I still had my SNES at this time and mostly played that.

GameCube was good too. By this time I was in late Junior High/Early High School/even into earlier College. Again stuck mostly to sports games. Had MLB 200X, Madden 200X, NCAA Football 200X (whatever year it was). Fire Emblem.

Just got a Wii like last year. Love it too. Got about 6 or so games. Mario (the New Super Mario Bros), still play NCAA from my GameCube, Guitar Hero, Dirt 2, Mario Cart, among others.

A sign your getting older: I just traded my SNES along with 26 games and 2 controllers for a lawn mower so I can do trimming around my yard.

Back
Top Bottom